Albion Online’s newest content update is here, bringing a massive rework of the open world, a new weapon line, reworked guild seasons, an expanded soundtrack, and much more.
Albion Online, the fantasy sandbox MMORPG developed by Sandbox Interactive, today launched its newest major content update, Lands Awakened.
This update brings a new era of open-world gameplay to Albion with reworked dungeons, mobs, and treasure sites, new open-world PvP objectives for groups of all sizes, hugely improved visuals and layouts for all five biomes, War Gloves, reworked Guild Seasons, numerous quality-of-life improvements, and much more.
Check out the official Lands Awakened Update Page:
Watch the Lands Awakened Trailer:
Lands Awakened includes the following major features:
Improved Open-World Graphics and PvE:
- Massively improved graphics and layouts for all five biomes
- Mobs that upgrade in strength and value over time
- Reworked Static Dungeons with limited-time “Dungeon Rush” events
- Updated world map overlays showing Silver and resource values
New Open-World PvP Objectives:
- New Treasure Sites that spawn at random in the open world
- Energy Crystals and Power Cores that spawn in the Outlands as valuable objectives for guilds
New “War Gloves” Weapon Line:
- Albion’s first all-new weapon line since launch
- Brings brawler-style gameplay with damage/mobility options
- Includes full combat and crafting trees on the Destiny Board
Reworked Guild Seasons:
- Headquarters Hideouts give active guilds of all sizes the opportunity to make a secure home in the Outlands
- New Conqueror’s Challenge lets all players, regardless of guild affiliation, earn season rewards
- New “Might” system gives points for PvP-related activities
- Might builds Guild Might Levels, benefitting all members via payouts and increased rewards
- New Favor currency can be spent by players on unique and valuable rewards
Numerous Quality-of-Life Improvements:
- Updated soundtrack
- Saved Loadouts can be bought directly via the Marketplace UI
- Farming usability improvements
- Party improvements, streamlined item rerolling, combat balance changes, and much more
The following Dev Talk videos, with subtitles for all supported languages, offer further insight into these changes.
Guild Season Changes:
Power Cores and HQ Hideouts:
War Gloves and Elite Levels:
For more information, please contact:
John Peck, Head of Content
Sandbox Interactive GmbH
About Albion Online
Albion Online is a sandbox MMORPG from Sandbox Interactive, set in the medieval fantasy world of Albion. Whether playing a hardened fighter, a farmer, a merchant or a master craftsman, in the player-driven world every single weapon and every single building is created by the players. Thanks to a “you are what you wear” system free from typical class restrictions, a skilled archer can instantly become a powerful mage, allowing players to define their own roles within the game world. Whether PvE, PvP or guild vs guild, every action in the game has a meaning… as well as consequences, as PvP battles in the danger zones of the game world are a “winner takes all” affair. Additional information on Albion Online can be found at:
About Sandbox Interactive GmbH
Sandbox Interactive is a game development studio founded in 2012 in Berlin, Germany. The fifty-person strong team develops and operates the cross-platform sandbox MMO Albion Online. Sandbox Interactive follows the belief that the creation of your own world and interaction with other players are paramount to entertainment – and that these ideas are truly brought to life in the sandbox genre. With Albion Online, the studio has created a game that places compelling gameplay and the player experience squarely in the foreground.