Best Smartphone Games is a passion blog of mine that aims to fulfil a few goals:
- Help people discover amazing mobile games
- Help other developers create amazing mobile games
- Gather an audience for my own mobile indie games that I can promote and presen
In order to achieve these bullet points I have to provide a bit of value to all visitors. This Resources page is a hub that links out to all useful tools and articles destined to achieve those goals.
Game Discovery Resources
Game Discovery Resources are tools and pages specifically created to help you find the games you want to play.
- A sortable, searchable, list of Apple Arcade Games With Controller Support, screenshots and ratings.
- You can sort the list based on star rating, genre, name and number of players that it supports.
- All the games on that list feature Controller Support and the fact that it has screenshots is the cherry on top. Browse through the list, look at the screenshots and find your favorite game!
- An article that shows you how to find new games starting from a game you like. Aka find more games similar to your favorite one.
- D&D Guide for iOS: Find Out Which Dungeons & Dragons Game is best for your iPhone or iPad
- A list of Amazing Mobile Gaming Youtubers to help you discover and find new mobile games to play!
I’m also working on various other game discovery tools that I hope to finish before the end of 2022. On the Roadmap we have:
- List of Premium RPG’s for iOS with Controller Support
- iOS Games that work with the Magic Keyboard (or keyboard + mouse)
- iOS Games without Ads (non Apple Arcade)
Informational resources are articles that answer important questions or helps you understand why something works/happens the way it does. These are normally guides, tutorials, how-to’s or editorial content. These are some of the most visited and shared guides and articles we have.
- How To Play Diablo 1 on iOS
- Why Do People Spend So Much Money On Mobile Games?
- How Do Mobile Games Get Popular?
- Are iPads Good For Gaming?
- Why Do Mobile Games Take So Much Space?
- How Does Your Phone Ram Affect Game Performance?
- How To Play iOS Games On A Mac?
- How To Play Android Games On A Mac?
- Why Do Most Mobile Games Run at 30 FPS?
- Why Do Mobile Games Use Bots Instead Of Real Players?
- How To Play Retro Games On the iPad
- Why Do iOS Games Crash?
- The Most Comprehensive Guide To iOS Gaming
- If you want to start gaming on iOS and you don’t know where to begin then this is the guide for you. I help you pick a device for your budget (including a $200 budget), what games to get and where to go from there!
Game Dev Resources
I started a small Game Design series with articles on being a game designer in the Mobile Gaming Industry. How to write a game design document, what tools you need as a game design, what you do as a game designer etc.
- What Does A Game Designer Actually Do
- What Is The Difference Between Game Design And Development
- Do Game Designers Need To Code?
- How Does A Game Design Document Look Like? + Free Game Design Document Template
- This last article also contains an example of a Game Design document from a game I made as well as a free downloadable GDD Template
- How Many Organic Downloads Can Your Game Get Without Marketing?
- 10 Apps That Game Designers Use
- What Engine Do Mobile Games Use
- My Experience Working With Mobile Game Publishers
About The Resource Page
This page is constantly evolving and I want to transform it into the most useful content hub on mobile gaming and mobile game development on the internet. If there’s a resource you need (guide, tutorial, tool) let me know in the comments below or reach out to me via the Contact Page. I’ll do my best to aid you.